Warsaw might not be the most obvious place for a city trip, but it is a super rewarding place to go.
Note: I am continually updating this list. Also, see my other citytrip tips.
Warsaw – my favorite places to stay
- Indigo Hotels, which is (next to Kimpton) my favorite property in the IHG group, has a beautiful hotel in Warsaw’s city center, Hotel Indigo Warsaw – Nowy Swiat.
Warsaw – my favorite places to eat
- Butchery & Wine had probably the best steak I ever had.
- Concept 13 is a really nice restaurant in the Vitkac shopping mall.
Warsaw – my favorite places to go out for a drink
- Cafe Bristol, the cafe in the fancy Hotel Bristol has an impressive wine collection. Their terrace is a great place to enjoy wine and see the city and its inhabitants pass by.
- Jabeerwocky is a trendy beer place with 17 local and international beers on tap. Their beer tasting is worth trying.
- On the 4th floor of the Vitkac shopping mall is a great wine bar, Bar 13, connected to the wine shop on the same floor. Great wines, great bites.
- Kufle i Kapsle is a really nice beer place with available beers written down on large boards behind the bar.
- Same Krafty offers some really nice beers as well as burgers and pizza.
Warsaw – my favorite things to do
- Ogród Krasińskich park is a beautifully kept green park in the city center that is great for a stroll or to play with kids.
- Warsaw has an amazing old city, ‘Stare Miasto’ with old stores, markets and fortresses.
- The POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews is an insanely impressive overview of Polish Jews and their relationship with the city of Warsaw through the years.