Hi, my name is Polle de Maagt. When I’m not traveling, I’m usually making new plans to travel (I even have a dedicated blog category for that). So here’s an overview of the places I’ve visited as well as my upcoming travel plans.
- January: Madrid (Spain)
- January: Frankfurt (Germany)
- January: Athens (Greece)
- February: London, Windsor (United Kingdom)
- March: Stockholm (Sweden)
- April: Antwerp marathon (Belgium)
- June: Munich (Germany)
- June: Copenhagen (Denmark)
- June: Arctic Circle Trail (Greenland)
- June/July: Hof van Saksen (Netherlands)
- October: Nairobi (Kenya)
- October: Kilimanjaro Trek (Tanzania)
- June: Either Torres del Paine combined with Fitz Roy trek or Annapurna.
- October: Second attempt for Jordan Trail.
Most recent trips
- December: London (United Kingdom)
- December: Prague (Czech Republic)
- December: Vienna (Austria)
- November: Jordan Trail, Amman and Aqaba (Jordan)
- October: Ostend (Belgium)
- October: Munich (Germany)
- September: Prague
- September: Madrid
- September: GR20 in Corsica (apparently the toughest trail in Europe)
- August: Wonderweekend Belgium
- August: Nuremberg, Bayreuth (Germany)
- August: Night in Ostend (Belgium)
- July: Night in my home town Gent (Belgium) in the fabulous 1898 The Post hotel.
- June: Iceland trip with Reykjavik visit and a solo hike of the Laugavegur trail.
It never hurts to dream – so here are the places I would love to visit.
Why hiking? Read my separate blog post on that.
- Kungsleden (Sweden)
- Kilimanjaro climb (Tanzania)
- Torres del Paine and Fitz Roy trek (Chile)
- Annapurna Circuit (Nepal)
- Everest Base Camp trek (Nepal)
- Tour de Mont Blanc
- Shikoku Pilgrimage route (incl Koya) (Japan)
- GR20 (Corsica, France)
- John Muir Trail (USA)
- La Ruta de los Pargues de Patagonia (Chile)
Countries and cities
- Cape Town
- New Zealand (again)
- Legoland Denmark (with my kids)