Hi, my name is Polle de Maagt. When I’m not traveling, I’m usually making new plans to travel (I even have a dedicated blog category for that). So here’s an overview of the places I’ve visited as well as my upcoming travel plans.
Most recent trips
- September: Prague
- September: Madrid
- September: GR20 in Corsica (apparently the toughest trail in Europe)
- August: Wonderweekend Belgium
- August: Nuremberg, Bayreuth (Germany)
- August: Night in Ostend (Belgium)
- July: Night in my home town Gent (Belgium) in the fabulous 1898 The Post hotel.
- June: Iceland trip with Reykjavik visit and a solo hike of the Laugavegur trail.
It never hurts to dream – so here are the places I would love to visit.
Why hiking? Read my separate blog post on that.
- Kungsleden (Sweden)
- Kilimanjaro climb
- Torres del Paine
- Annapurna Circuit (Nepal)
- Everest Base Camp trek (Nepal)
- Tour de Mont Blanc
- Shikoku Pilgrimage route (incl Koya) (Japan)
- GR20 (Corsica, France)
- John Muir Trail (USA)
- La Ruta de los Pargues de Patagonia (Chile)
Countries and cities
- Cape Town
- New Zealand (again)
- Legoland Denmark (with my kids)