Over 200 hotel night stay this year, for the 7th year in a row – mostly with IHG, Hilton and Marriott. I had plenty of horrible stays,
Table of Contents
Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
Kimpton is probably my favorite hotel chain at the moment, mainly because of their super smart acts of hospitality.
One Shot Fortuny in Madrid
1898 The Post in Gent
Romantic weekend with the two of you? Got something to celebrate? Looking for something truly remarkable? Got some money to spare? Really consider 1898 The Post when you’re visiting Gent.
QO in Amsterdam
Amazing breakfast, great super-friendly staff, a sustainable vision and purpose in a hyper-modern hotel with iPads in the rooms.
Ovolo Woolloomooloo Boutique Hotel in Sydney
When I was in Sydney for a conference, I stayed at Ovolo Woolloomooloo Boutique Hotel (then Blue Hotel Sydney) is a heritage building on the wharf with Sydney Harbour views.
Honorable mention: my tent
Not a hotel, but a tent. My tent. And although a hotel is super comfortable, it is hard to beat spending the night next to an Icelandic hot spring, on a cliff in Jordan. So despite everything (setting up the tent, my extensive morning and evening routines), it probably is one of my favorite places to spend the night.
Other hotel review
- La Marquise Chambres d’hôtes: oasis of peace and tranquility
- My not-so-sad little hotel birthday experiment
- A few words on hotel sex
- How Marriott quickly became my favorite hotel chain
- Reaching Marriott Bonvoy Platinum – the fast way.
- Miss Clara Hotel Stockholm: Scandinavian vibe and efficiency
- Hotel Indigo The Hague – Palace Noordeinde: a royal base for your city trip
- My all-time favorite travel brands
- My all-time favorite hotels
- Best time to book hotel rooms (loyalty program perspective)
- Keeping track of hotel screw-ups
- The best and worst of IHG hotels – according to me.
- The best and worst of Hilton hotels – according to me.
- The best and worst of Marriott hotels – according to me.
- Hotel Nassau Breda: old meets new turned into magic
- Kimpton Fitzroy London: magical, but certainly not perfect
- Kimpton hotels smart acts of hospitality
- My best and worst travel experiences of 2018
- One Shot Fortuny hotel Madrid: oasis in busy Madrid
- Intercontinental Ambassador – is it worth it?
- InterContinental Aqaba (Resort Aqaba): Affordable Red Sea Luxury
- Hilton Honors versus IHG Rewards Club for frequent travelers
- QO Amsterdam: sustainable luxury frontrunner
- My sad little hotel birthday experiment
- Hotel Indigo Antwerp City Centre: comfortable Antwerp visit
- Hof van Saksen in Nooitgedacht: family holidays without the hassle.
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam: Luxury done right
- 1898 The Post Gent: boutique hotel with Harry-Potter-esque vibes
- Hotel V Fizeaustraat Amsterdam: best of the seventies, best of now.
- How loyalty in travel is messed up