As part of my two week trip to Japan, which included visits to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe as well as hiking a large part of the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage trail, I also visited Osaka. So here are the best tips for Japan – according to me.
Why you’ll love Japan
Wow. Just wow. If there’s one country that will surprise and amaze you, it will be Japan.
My best omakase experience in Japan
The Japanese habit of omakase (お任せ) when you’re ordering at a restaurant pretty much means, “I’ll leave it up to you”, inviting the chef to be innovative and surprising in the selection of dishes. I try to do it in every city I
The best tips for Japan – according to me
- The Kumano Kodo (also read my packing list and preparations) was my single best experience in Japan. Having the opportunity to experience the old pilgrimage trail as well as meeting locals and seeing some of the most stunning views in Japan was truly memorable.
- The New Japan capsule hotel in Osaka, a men’s club meets capsule hotel meets spa is a great base for your Osaka explorations.
- The Hōnen-in temple in Kyoto but maybe
even morethe day trip to the Kurama- deraMountain Temple and the nearby onsen.
My posts on Japan:
- Japanese words for hiking in Japan
- How I ended up bar crawling with strangers in Tokyo
- Shikoku solo hike planning and preparation
- The best tips for Japan – according to me.
- The best tips for Kyoto – according to me
- The best tips for Kobe – according to me.
- The best tips for Osaka – according to me
- The best tips for Tokyo – according to me
- Kumano Kodo solo hike packing list (Japan)
- Omakase: Kanteki in Tanabe (Japan)
- Hiking Kumano Kodo: Tsugizakura-oji to Hongu, Hongu to Yunomine (Japan)
- Hiking Kumano Kodo: Takijiri to Tsugizakura
- Hiking Kumano Kodo: Ukegawa to Koguchi, Koguchi to Nachisan (Japan)
- Kumano Kodo solo hike planning and preparation (Japan)
- Kumano Kodo Solo Hike (Japan)
- Day planning Japan trip
So, what are the best tips for Japan – according to you?