I have spent over 200 nights per year in hotels for the last 7 years. So by now, I have a pretty good idea what a good or a bad hotel is. I had my fair share of dirty hotel rooms and I had my sad birthday hotel experiment. Here are my experiences with Hilton: The best and worst of Hilton hotels – according to me.
I will be continuously updating this post based on my most recent experiences. Also, read more hotel reviews or the specific reviews on Marriott, IHG and Hilton.
On my Hilton hotel experiences.
I started going more and more to Hilton properties after turning Platinum and -later- Spire Elite within the IHG Rewards Club loyalty program. I have stayed in different properties in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Brussels and a few other cities.
I currently hold Diamond status with Hilton for more than a year.
The best of Hilton hotels.
One of the best things about Hilton properties is the number of free upgrades (a lot, I had quite some suite upgrades this year) as well as the free breakfast for higher tier level members.
The worst of Hilton hotels
I guess one of the few things I dislike with Hilton hotels is the way their points system works. It is harder to earn points than it is with IHG properties and redeeming nights costs more points than with IHG. Apart from that, I only had a fraction of the issues I had with IHG.
All my hotel posts:
- La Marquise Chambres d’hôtes: oasis of peace and tranquility
- My not-so-sad little hotel birthday experiment
- A few words on hotel sex
- How Marriott quickly became my favorite hotel chain
- Reaching Marriott Bonvoy Platinum – the fast way.
- Miss Clara Hotel Stockholm: Scandinavian vibe and efficiency
- Hotel Indigo The Hague – Palace Noordeinde: a royal base for your city trip
- My all-time favorite travel brands
- My all-time favorite hotels
- Best time to book hotel rooms (loyalty program perspective)
- Keeping track of hotel screw-ups
- The best and worst of IHG hotels – according to me.
- The best and worst of Hilton hotels – according to me.
- The best and worst of Marriott hotels – according to me.
- Hotel Nassau Breda: old meets new turned into magic
- Kimpton Fitzroy London: magical, but certainly not perfect
- Kimpton hotels smart acts of hospitality
- My best and worst travel experiences of 2018
- One Shot Fortuny hotel Madrid: oasis in busy Madrid
- Intercontinental Ambassador – is it worth it?
- InterContinental Aqaba (Resort Aqaba): Affordable Red Sea Luxury
- Hilton Honors versus IHG Rewards Club for frequent travelers
- QO Amsterdam: sustainable luxury frontrunner
- My sad little hotel birthday experiment
- Hotel Indigo Antwerp City Centre: comfortable Antwerp visit
- Hof van Saksen in Nooitgedacht: family holidays without the hassle.
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam: Luxury done right
- 1898 The Post Gent: boutique hotel with Harry-Potter-esque vibes
- Hotel V Fizeaustraat Amsterdam: best of the seventies, best of now.
- How loyalty in travel is messed up