At home, we have a surprise bowl of kids activities. Every time the kids (or us) gave a great activity idea, we write it down and put it in the bowl. By now, we have a full surprise bowl of kids activities.
Some random kids activities in the bowl:
- Movie evening with cushions and mattresses on the floor
- Sleep in a tent in the garden
- All four of us sleep in the living room
- Dance party in the living room
- Bake a super large cake
- Build a fort
- Build a large boat out of paper
- Upside-down-day – we wake the kids up saying “sleep well”, eat dinner, then have lunch and after having breakfast we put them to bed saying “good morning”
Every once in a while, when we’re not sure what to do with the kids, we’ll take an activity out of the bowl. Obviously, they get to pick one (without watching of course).
It’s a great way to engage the kids in activity ideas and the bowl is now a pretty magical source of new family memories.