I have spent over 200 nights per year in hotels for the last 7 years. So by now, I have a pretty good idea what a good or a bad hotel is. I had my fair share of dirty hotel rooms and I had my sad birthday hotel experiment. Here are my experiences with Marriott: The best and worst of Marriott hotels – according to me.
I will be continuously updating this post based on my most recent experiences. Also, read more hotel reviews or the specific reviews on Marriott, IHG and Hilton.
On my Marriott hotel experiences.
I have been a Marriott loyalty program member since 2012 and at the end of 2018, I have picked up my stays in Marriott properties as an alternative to IHG and Hilton stays and because a new property opened conveniently located close to one of my clients and one of my favorite running areas in Amsterdam.
I currently hold silver status with Marriott, but am in a fast track to Platinum.
The best of Marriott hotels.
I love the fact Marriott has (next to their more mainstream brands) a range of Autograph collection of boutique hotels, something I really miss especially in the IHG (even Kimpton De Witt in Amsterdam and Kimpton Fitzroy in London are kind of similar, as well as the different Indigo hotels like the one in Antwerp). We once stayed in the Hotel Nassau in Breda (part of the Autograph collection) which was amazing.
The worst of Marriott hotels
I had limited number of bad experiences with Marriott to be honest. And if so (mainly dirty room), they were solved quickly and efficiently.
All my hotel posts:
- Miss Clara Hotel Stockholm: Scandinavian vibe and efficiency
- Hotel Indigo The Hague – Palace Noordeinde: a royal base for your city trip
- My all-time favorite travel brands
- My all-time favorite hotels
- Best time to book hotel rooms (loyalty program perspective)
- Keeping track of hotel screw-ups
- The best and worst of IHG hotels – according to me.
- The best and worst of Hilton hotels – according to me.
- The best and worst of Marriott hotels – according to me.
- Hotel Nassau Breda: old meets new turned into magic
- Kimpton Fitzroy London: magical, but certainly not perfect
- Kimpton hotels smart acts of hospitality
- My best and worst travel experiences of 2018
- One Shot Fortuny hotel Madrid: oasis in busy Madrid
- Intercontinental Ambassador – is it worth it?
- InterContinental Aqaba (Resort Aqaba): Affordable Red Sea Luxury
- Hilton Honors versus IHG Rewards Club for frequent travelers
- QO Amsterdam: sustainable luxury frontrunner
- My sad little hotel birthday experiment
- Hotel Indigo Antwerp City Centre: comfortable Antwerp visit
- Hof van Saksen in Nooitgedacht: family holidays without the hassle.
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam: Luxury done right
- 1898 The Post Gent: boutique hotel with Harry-Potter-esque vibes
- Hotel V Fizeaustraat Amsterdam: best of the seventies, best of now.
- How loyalty in travel is messed up